Thinking about having your child start training in martial arts?
I’ve been training in martial arts since the age of 5 and the sport has provided me with so many great things during my lifetime.
As an instructor I find it extremely rewarding to see the young students that train at Joslin’s Mixed Martial arts enjoy many of the same benefits that martial arts has given me.
I’m very proud to say that we’ve taught over 10,000 students since we opened our doors for business nearly 50 years ago. More than half of those students were children between the ages of 4-15
When it comes to our curriculum for children, safety is always our highest priority. All of our classes are run in a safe training environment and are designed to be extremely fun and exciting from start to finish.
What will your child learn?
The program you child will take part in is made up of 100% practical martial arts techniques that work!
Over the years I’ve adjusted and improved our curriculum so that your child will waste absolutely no time practicing techniques that are ineffective or outdated. With every lesson they will become more capable of defending themselves and will benefit in many other ways including the following:
- Increased self-confidence & self-esteem
- Increased patience
- The ability to set,work for and achieve goals
- The instilling of physical fitness training habits that last a lifetime
- Increased strength, agility, co-ordination, speed and balance
- The power of a positive mindset
- The ability to follow their own path and deal with peer pressure; to be a leader and not a follower
- Real self-defense skills that will allow them to stay safe
- The confidence and skills to deal with bullies
As a member of the Joslin’s Mixed Martial Arts children’s program, you’re child will have access to several types of classes,
Karate is a great martial art for kids! Your child will learn the importance of focus, listening, goal setting and many other skills that will benefit them outside of the gym as well: All while developing the ability to defend themselves and keep safe.
Many physical confrontations can end up with your child being grabbed, thrown or pinned on the ground; That is why we also instruct them on how to escape bear hugs, head locks, choke holds, being pinned to the floor and other very dangerous situations. By learning these things, your child will be develop self defense skill that works very well in realistic situations.
We Get’em moving!
- Starts with a 5 to 10 minute warm-up including running, jumping jacks, jump rope, stretches and plyometric exercises.
- The main portion of the class which follows involves the practice of striking combinations, self defense techniques and other skill developing drills.
- Class concludes with a three- to five-minute cool-down that often involves a fun and skill building drill that the students absolutely love!
Our Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu classes will give your child a chance to spend extra time working on their ground self defense skill.
Techniques taught include break falls (learning how to fall safely), positional escapes, controlling tactics, throws, take downs, and submission holds (10 & up only).
We find that children really love the Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu classes! Watch your child’s endurance, strength, co-ordination and confidence grow as they progress through the belts of Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu.
Here’s a video showing one of our young students breaking down a Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu Technique. It also contains some action from the kids class.
Our experienced instructors run every class in a fun, exciting and safe way to ensure your child class experience is always a positive one.
Click on the link below to sign your child up for 1 Week of FREE UNLIMITED Training:
Joslin’s Mixed Martial Arts