Come experience the Best Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu program in Hamilton and train in a safe, motivating and warm atmosphere.
Joslin’s Martial Arts is a proud member of the 10x World Championship Alliance BJJ team.
Our head instructor Jeff Joslin was the first Canadian in history to win Gold at the Pan/American BJJ championships and the first Canadian to be awarded his Black Belt from Alliance founder/BJJ Master Romero “Jacare” Cavalcanti.
You don’t have to strong or tough.
You don’t have to be fast or athletic.
Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu does the work for you!
If you’re a person of smaller stature, I’ll bet right now you’re thinking “Yah, right!”
If you really don’t believe me, please come by the school to check out a class. I guarantee that you’ll see smaller framed men & women dominating, controlling and tapping out their bigger, stronger training partners on a regular basis. This grappling type martial art is based on leverage so it will work for anyone!
You’ll be amazed by how fast your confidence grows as you invest time in training in the highly addictive martial art.
At Joslin’s we are very proud of our fun, encouraging and safe training atmosphere. Our students and highly experienced instructors will make you, as a new student, feel very comfortable on the mats. From start to finish of every class you attend, you’ll have a highly enjoyable training experience.
Starting in the BJJ Fundamentals Class, you’ll learn the 95 fundamental techniques that make up the foundation of the art.
Once you’ve got the basics down, Our BJJ Advanced Classes take your skills to the next level as you progress through the ranks of Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: White belt, blue belt, purple belt, brown and black belt.
All students can attend our BJJ Open Classes which are held several times throughout the weekly schedule.
Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu Training Will Offer You Many Benefits Including:
- Fun! – First Off Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu is just a super fun martial art. The learning never ends but it’s a sport that with a limited amount of training you can feel very comfortable on the mats. There’s nothing like learning a move and then successfully pulling it off in action against a training partner. It’s the great feeling that becomes addictive and will have you thinking about your next training session anytime you’re away from the gym.
- Rapid Body Fat Loss & Drastically Improved Fitness – You’ll find yourself sweating and getting in some fantastic conditioning work during every single BJJ class you attend. Like many of our students have done in the past, you’ll burn off fat as you build plenty of lean, functional muscle.
- The Ability to Defend Yourself Extremely Well! – BJJ is designed to be effective in a realistic fighting situation. With at least 70% of real fights hitting the ground at some point or another, you’ll feel very confident in your ground fighting skills. There’s a saying that a popular black belt once said that goes like this, “The ground is like an ocean. I’m a shark and the other guy can’t even swim.” With only a few months of training, you’ll be feeling like a shark too!
- Say Goodbye to Stress! – Our BJJ Classes will keep your mind busy and your body active. Feel any stress built up during your workweek melt away when you hit the mats. You’ll feel refreshed and re-energized mentally after every single class.
The BJJ Fundamentals, BJJ Advanced & BJJ Open Classes are made up of several different elements:
1. Warm Up – A thorough full body warm-up designed to build flexibility, strength, co-ordination, agility and overall fitness.
2. Technical Practice – A handful of techniques are taught – throws/takedowns, chokes, arm locks, escapes, positional control and much more—by the instructor and the students then practice each movement repeatedly until they build proficiency at it.
3. Rolling/Positional Drills – The sparring segment of Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu where opponents attempt to apply their techniques on a partner that is resisting and at the same time attempting to execute techniques of their own.
All training is done is a safe and friendly environment. Like a family, each member of our team looks out for one another. You’ll find that other students will be excited to help you improve by sharing techniques, strategies and tips during training.
Some of our students share their thoughts about their BJJ training at Joslin’s:
As a Joslin’s member you’ll have the option to attend both Gi Classes (where you wear the Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu Uniform (Gi)) and the No-Gi Classes as well (shorts & T-Shirt required).
Click on the link below to sign up for your 1 Week of FREE UNLIMITED Training: